Village of Brown Deer
5600 West Bradley Road
Brown Deer, WI 53223
414.357.0106 / FAX 414.357.0156
Materials Which May Be Borrowed
- Any Milwaukee County resident may apply for a card. Applicant must bring 2 forms of printed identification with current name and address. Children, between the ages of 6-14, must be accompanied by a parent with proper identification to obtain a card.
- Lost cards should be reported to the library immediately for your own protection. A fee is required for lost card replacement.
- Do not lend you card out to others. Materials checked out on your card become your responsibility. Parents are responsible for items borrowed by children under age 15.
- Books, Large Print Editions, Magazines, Audio Cassettes, Compact Disks, Videos, and Children's Book-Cassette Kits, DVDs, CD Audiobooks and CD-ROMs.
- The Reference collection includes newspapers, current magazines, and Wisconsin telephone directories, however they may only be used in the library.
- Fines are now 15 cents per day for all materials except for Entertainment DVDs.
- Fines for Entertaiment DVDs are $1 a day.
- There is a 3 day grace period for all materials but entertainment DVDs. Once this 3 day grace period has passed, the full fine amount will be applied.
(Back to Top of Page)
- An online catalog, called "CountyCat", is the electronic catalog of holdings in all Milwaukee County Public Libraries, including Brown Deer Public Library. In order to access it follow these directions:
Point your browser to: http://countycat.mcfls.org
This is a graphical user interface, so you will use your mouse to navigate through the screens by pointing and clicking at different choices. The web version of CountyCat also links you to "Badgerlink" (http://www.dpi.state.wi.us/badgerlink), a state-supported database of magazine articles, newspaper articles, government information, and much more.
Select the CountyCat button from the blue MCFLS frame on the left side of the screen.
You can also renew materials online through our catalog. Point your browser to: http://countycat.mcfls.org.
For a brief tutorial on how to renew online, what may be renewed online, and other questions about managing your library account, please go here: (http://www.countycat.mcfls.org/screens/help_patron.html#RI)
Periodicals and Newspapers