CLICK ON A LINK BELOW TO JUMP TO THAT TOPIC
Why might you need to call or visit Administrative Services? First, the department is located in the main lobby area of Village Hall, and the staff will be happy to answer your questions or point you in the right direction to get the information you need. If it’s time to get your cat or dog license, pay your tax bill, water bill, or ask questions about taxes, this is the place to come. If you are interested in the assessed value of your home or lot size, Administrative Services can provide you with the answer. However, other assessment questions are to be directed to the Village Assessor.
This department handles many of the important internal Village operations as well. Every new employee of the Village must make an early visit to this office. The Deputy Treasurer/Comptroller is responsible for payroll and employee benefit administration, and assists in orientating new employees. The Accounting Assistants are involved in a variety of tasks, including accounts payable, dog/cat licenses, answering general information questions and tax or water bill collection.
Also located in this department is the Brown Deer Municipal Court. The Court Clerk and Assistant Court Clerk, work on Municipal Court matters. They are in attendance during court sessions, and on hand during the week to take your citation payments or answer questions. For more information about the Brown Deer Municipal Court, click here.
The Village Treasurer/Comptroller serves as the head of the Administrative Services Department, and is responsible for the Village finances, risk management, financial reporting, budget preparation, debt management, and the tax roll.
If you ever need to contact the Administrative Services Department, or have any general questions, you may contact them at 371-3001.
- To find out what the current assessed value of your property is, you may call the Administrative Services Department (371-3001), or stop in during regular business hours.
- If you have further questions of any kind regarding your assessment, please contact Associated Appraisal at (800) 721 - 4157 or email@example.com. Associated Appraisal contracts with the Village to perform Village assessment duties.
Residents of all municipalities in Milwaukee County need a certificate of rabies vaccination and, if applicable, a spay/neuter certificate for your dog and/or cat before a license can be issued. The certificate(s) will be returned to the pet owner along with a license tag. Licenses must be renewed by April 1st. All renewals, received after April 1st, are subject to a late renewal penalty. Licenses may be purchased either at the Village Hall or on the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Center (MADACC) website using a credit card.
Register for your 2015 pet license on-line NOW!
Visit www.madacc.com to license your dog(s) and/or cat(s).
The Village of Brown Deer tax bill is printed in an 8-1/2 x 11 laser printed 1-part format. Please remember to send the whole bill “and” a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment to allow us to provide a receipt for your records and properly identify your payment. If you do not send in a self-addressed stamped envelope, we will NOT return a receipt to you. You will have to come into Village Hall in person to get a copy.
During the month of December, all real estate owners in the Village of Brown Deer will receive their tax bills. The following information will help you to understand the procedure involved in the payment of your taxes.
The Village of Brown Deer offers the following two options for payment of your taxes:
Option 1 – Full Payment Option
Full payment of real estate taxes plus special assessments, if any, are due on or before January 31st.
Option 2 – Installment Option
No Reminder Statements Will Be Mailed – Please Remember the Due Date
- First Installment – 50% of net real estate taxes plus all special assessment charges are due on or before
- Second Installment – 25% of net real estate taxes are due on or before
- Third Installment – 25% of net real estate taxes are due on or before
- If payment cannot be made by mail, it will be accepted at the Village Hall, 4800 West Green Brook Drive, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or after hours in the tan drive-up depository box located outside in front of the Village Hall. Please note that Village offices are closed for the holidays on the following dates:
- Escrow Checks (checks from mortgage companies)
- If the check is for more than the amount of the tax bill, a refund check will be mailed within 15 business days. If you desire an immediate refund you should contact your mortgage company to see if they will reissue your payment as two separate checks: one to the Village of Brown Deer for the total taxes due and a second to you for the difference.
- Checks issued to two taxpayers whose names are separated by “and” require signatures of both. Names separated by “or” require only one signature.
- The full amount of the escrow check must be applied to the tax bill; you cannot pay just the first installment and receive a refund.
- Lottery & Gaming Credit (Located in the middle of your tax bill)
If you did not receive a Lottery & Gaming Credit on this tax bill and you are eligible (see requirements below), you have until January 31st to file an application with this office. You may request an application by calling the Treasurer’s Office at (414) 371-3001.
- Eligibility requirements:
- You must have been the owner of this property on January 1st and you must have used this property as your primary residence. Primary residence is where you live most of the time. When you are away, it is the home to which you intend to return. You can only have one primary residence.
- If you purchased the home after the January 1st date, the new owner must attest that to the best of his knowledge the previous owner owned and used the home as their primary residence as of January 1st.
The Village of Brown Deer collects the current year tax bills until August 1st. All delinquent accounts are turned over to the Milwaukee County Treasurer’s Office for further collection. Information is available over the phone at (414) 278-4033 or on the Milwaukee County website.
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR PROPERTY TAXES?
The enclosed bill includes taxes for all taxing districts. The Village of Brown Deer only controls the “Village” portion of your tax bill.
The Village of Brown Deer is not responsible for the other taxing districts.
Any questions you may have regarding property taxes for the various tax districts should be directed as follows:
Contact Telephone Numbers
|Milwaukee County||(414) 278-4905|
|Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD)||(414) 272-5100|
|Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC)||(414) 456-5500|
|School District of Brown Deer||(414) 371-6750|
|Village Assessor - Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc.||(800) 721-4157|
|Village of Brown Deer - Tax Information||(414) 371-3001|