During the ongoing health crisis, the Brown Deer Public Library staff and Library Board are committed to finding new and creative ways to safely fulfill our mission to connect all people and provide access to information, resources, and recreation.
As the local crisis continues to worsen, the library will respond by returning to curbside service only beginning Monday, November 23, 2020, in an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Our current library hours will now be our curbside pickup hours, and all virtual and grab-and-go programming will continue. The following is a list of library services patrons can use virtually or via curbside pickup.
Thank you for your understanding as the Brown Deer Public Library staff continues to strive to provide you fast, enjoyable, and safe services during this unprecedented time.
Curbside pickup is now available.
- Monday and Tuesday: 11 am to 7 pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 11 am to 5 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm
- Call us at 414-371-2969 or email us to schedule your pickup
- Books, audiobooks, magazines, music CDs, and DVDs
- Grab-and-go program kits, such as Cookbook Club and Art Cart
- Knitting kits, crochet kits, and board games
- Print requests: The cost to print is $0.15 per page for black and white, and $0.50 per page for color; the total cost will be added onto your library account. Documents may be emailed to our Reference staff. Please include your name and phone number in the email. We will print the document and set up a curbside pickup time with you.
One of our librarians would love to make a personalized recommendation for you! Just send us an email telling us a little bit about your reading or viewing tastes; if you have a favorite author, genre, etc, let us know about it; if possible, also why. You'll receive a list of some hand-picked materials in your email within a couple days. The more you tell us, the better the suggestions will be.
Renew Your Card or Pay a Fine
Follow us on any of our social media platforms as we upload new information, host virtual programming, blog posts, and librarian recommendations.
- Or sign up for the library's newsletter (sent out 1 to 2 times a month)
Visit Us Online
- E-books, e-audiobooks and more
- Get job help with JobNow (Brainfuse)
- Get study help with HelpNow (Brainfuse)
- Learn a new language with Transparent Language
- Take a class or learn a new skill with Gale Courses
- Virtual programs for children, teens, and adults
- Or check out any of our other databases, which include Auto Repair Sources, Badgerlink, and Business Source Premier