Contact-Free Curbside Pickup
Beginning Monday November 23, the library will be temporarily closed to in-library visits, but will be offering curbside pickup. We thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented time. Our curbside pickup service is outlined here (download a simple instruction sheet (PDF)).
- Pickups must be scheduled ahead of time.
- No patron/library staff face-to-face interaction.
- Library staff must follow social distancing rules while in the library, thus limiting the number of curbside pick up time slots due to limited staffing.
- At this time items can be placed on hold through CountyCat. You can also call us over the telephone at 414-371-2969 or email us to request materials and schedule a pickup time.
- Interested in materials at another library? Learn about curbside service at other Milwaukee County Federated Library System libraries.
Scheduling & Pickup Times
Please call the Brown Deer Public Library at 414-371-2969, or email us, to schedule a pick up during the hours below.
Pickup times will be scheduled every 10 minutes. If you miss your scheduled pickup time, we will call you to schedule a new pickup time. If your items are not picked up a second time, your items will be removed from your account and returned to the shelf.
- Monday and Tuesday: 11 am to 7 pm.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 11 am to 5 pm.
- Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm.
If you have a fever or are not feeling well, please do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact the Brown Deer Public Library at 414-371-2969 to let us know you cannot make your pickup.
These procedures must be followed when picking up your materials:
- When you arrive, remain in the parking lot until it is your time slot and no other patrons are picking up their materials or returning materials in our outdoor book drop.
- You will have been given a color when your pickup time was scheduled; your bagged items will be on that color chair near the front door.
- Proceed directly to your designated color and pick up your items, then return to your vehicle or move away from the building.
- There is to be no loitering or congregating in front of the library.
Our outdoor book drop is currently open for returns. Similar procedures apply:
- Do not approach the book drop if another patron is picking up or returning items.
- All library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours prior to being checked in.