Village Clerk



Voting Results for November 3, 2020 Election
Election Results

Provisional/Absentee Ballot Notice


To find out where you go to vote, Click HERE to locate your address with its corresponding ward & location.

election logo

Absentee Ballots and Voting

  • Absentee Ballots are available for individuals who will not be able to attend their regular polling location during an election. It is important to know that absentee voters must also be registered voters (see registration information below). The first step to obtaining an absentee ballot is to complete an Application for Absentee Ballot. This may be done by printing and completing the on-line form, visiting the Village Manager’s Office, or contacting the Village Manager’s Office. Absentee ballots, which are available approximately three weeks prior to the election, are either mailed to the voter or completed in person at Village Hall. Questions regarding absentee ballots should be directed to the Village Clerk/Manager’s office.

Community Relations

  • The Village Manager’s Office staff welcome the opportunity to perform community relations activities. For example, Brown Deer School District 2nd grade classes visit the Village Hall and participate in a mock Village Board meeting, tour the Village Hall, and visit the Police Department. This event is coordinated by the Village Manager’s Office. If you would like assistance or involvement from the Village on a Community Relations activity, please contact the Village Manager’s Office.

Meeting Agenda (Setting)

  • The Village Manager is responsible for setting the meeting agendas for the Village Board, and is responsible for reviewing and approving the agendas for all other boards, committees and commissions. If you have any item or matter that you would like the Village Board to consider, you may submit it to the Village Manager’s Office. In some cases, the Village Manager or other Village Staff may be able to answer and/or address your questions. In other cases, the matters may be presented at one of the Village committees or commissions, or directly to the Village Board. Directing communications to the various governing bodies is the responsibility of the Village Manager.

Permits & Licenses

  • The Village Manager’s Office is responsible for accepting applications for various permits and licenses. Following is a listing of many of the permits and licenses that are available from the Village Managers Office. Additional questions should be directed to the Village Manager’s Office. Application fees are due when the application is submitted.
    • Cigarette License: Required to manufacture, sell, exchange, barter, dispose of, give away, and keep for sale, cigarettes, cigarette paper, cigarette wrappers, and any paper made or prepared for the purpose of being filled with tobacco for smoking. License expires annually on June 30th. $50.00 annual fee. View/print application.
    • Operator’s Permits (i.e. – Bartender’s License): Required to sell/serve on premises of Holders of Class “B” Fermented Malt Beverage Licenses, Class “B” Intoxicating Liquor Licenses, and Class “A” Intoxicating Liquor Licenses. Permit not required when applicant is an adult member of the licensee’s immediate family and household, or if applicant is approved agent of a licensed corporation. License expires every two years on June 30th. $50.00 for two-year license. View/print application. **Application must be signed by applicant at Village Hall, or before a Notary Public. For new operator’s permits, a $20.00 charge is added for a background check.
    • Peddlers, Canvassers/Solicitors, Transient, and Seasonal Merchants License: Contact the Village Manager’s Office for details on the terms and provisions of this type of license. $200.00 fee, plus $20.00 for each additional worker. View/print application.
    • Transient and Temporary Outdoor Entertainment: Contact Village Manager’s Office for additional information and requirements.Tavern Amusement Licenses: Contact Village Manager’s Office for additional information and requirements.
    • Amusement Devises: Contact Village Manager’s Office for additional information and requirements.
  • The above list is not exhaustive of all permits and licenses required by the Village Code. Contact the Village Manager’s Office for further information and clarifications.

Polling Places

Poll Worker Volunteering

  • You, too, can be a paid volunteer! There is a need for civic-minded residents who are willing to serve as poll workers for the elections. Requirements are: Brown Deer residency; qualified elector; able to read and write in the English language; being of good understanding; capable; and able to sit for long periods of time. The election work day is 6:30 A.M. to approximately 9:00 P.M. Poll workers are paid $110 for the day and lunch is provided. If you are interested, please contact the Village Manager’s Office.

Voter Registration

  • New residents, residents recently turning 18, or residents who have not registered to vote are encouraged to register to vote at the Village Hall in advance of an election. While you may also register on election dates at the polling places, it is recommended that you register in advance to avoid congestion at the polls. Those wishing to register to vote MUST register in person at Village Hall, and must present one of the following: driver’s license (with current Brown Deer address), current utility bill with your name and address, property tax bill, or deed to your property or rental agreement.