Property Tax Information
Property Tax Information Database
During the month of December, all real estate owners in the Village of Brown Deer will receive their tax bills. The following information will help you to understand the procedure involved in the payment of your taxes.
Tax Bill Information
The Village of Brown Deer offers the following two options for payment of your taxes:
Option 1 – Full Payment Option
Full payment of real estate taxes plus special assessments,special charges and delinquent utility amounts, if any, are due on or before January 31st.
Option 2 – Installment Option
(No Reminder Statements Will Be Mailed)
First Installment – 50% of net real estate taxes plus all special assessment charges are due on or before January 31st.
Second Installment– 25% of net real estate taxes are due on or before March 31st.
Third Installment– 25% of net real estate taxes are due on or before May 31st.
It is very important to note that if a payment is to be considered timely, it must be received or postmarked on or before the due dates indicated above. Any amount unpaid as of the due dates shall be considered delinquent and, when collected, will require an interest and penalty payment of 1-1/2% per month retroactive to February 1st on the total unpaid balance of the tax bill, no matter when the last payment was made.
***The Village will NO LONGER SEND return envelopes with the tax bills
***You WILL NOT automatically receive a receipt if you mailed in your payment.
***If you want a receipt you will need to include a SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED envelope or you may come to Village Hall for a receipt.
Citizens are encouraged to make their tax payments by mail to increase collection efficiency. Please DO NOT mail us your ORIGINAL tax bill, instead mail us a COPY of the bill or legibly write the parcel numbers (which can be found in the upper right hand corner of your bill) that your are paying for, on your bill. The Village of Brown Deer will mail a receipt taxpayer ONLY IF A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED envelope is included. The address to mail your tax payment is:
Village of Brown Deer
4800 W. Green Brook Dr.
Brown Deer, WI 53223
- If payment cannot be made by mail, it will be accepted at the Village Hall, 4800 West Green Brook Drive, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or after hours in the tan walk-up depository box located outside in front of the Village Hall entrance. Please note that Village offices are closed on the following dates:
The Day Before Christmas Eve, December 23, 2015 – Closed
The Day After Christmas Day, December 26, 2015 – Closed
The Day Before New Year’s Eve, December 30, 2015- Closed
The Day After New Year’s Day, January21, 2016 – Closed
- Escrow Checks (checks from mortgage companies)
- If the check is for more than the amount of the tax bill, a refund check will be mailed within 15 business days. The full amount of the check must be applied to the tax bill.
- Checks issued to two taxpayers whose names are separated by “and” require signatures of both. Names separated by “or” require only one signature.
- Lottery & Gaming Credit (Located in the middle of your tax bill)
If you did not receive a Lottery & Gaming Credit on this tax bill and you are eligible (see requirements below), you have until January 31st to file an application with this office. Applications are available on the Village’s website or you may request an applicationby calling the Treasurer’s Office at (414) 371-3001.
- You must have been the owner of this property on January 1st and you must have used this property as your primary residence. Primary residence is where you live most of the time. When you are away, it is the home to which you intend to return. You can only have one primary residence.
- If you purchased the home after the January 1st date, the new owner must attest that to the best of his knowledge the previous owner owned and used the home as their primary residence as of January 1st.
- Credit Card Payments
Pay your Village of Brown Deer installments or full amount of real estate and personal property taxes with a credit card by calling 1-844-435-3983 or by visiting Village of Brown Deer Point & Pay Taxes .
- Please print out your receipt or write down your confirmation number; you WILL NOT be mailed a receipt from the Village of Brown Deer. There is a 2.39% service fee, minimum $1.50 for all taxes.
DELINQUENT REAL ESTATE PROPERTY TAX INFORMATION
The Village of Brown Deer collects the current year tax bills until August 1st. All delinquent accounts are turned over to the Milwaukee County Treasurer’s Office for further collection. Information is available over the phone at (414) 278-4033 or on the Milwaukee County website.
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR PROPERTY TAXES?
The enclosed bill includes taxes for all taxing districts. The Village of Brown Deer only controls the “Village” portion of your tax bill.
The Village of Brown Deer is not responsible for the other taxing districts.
Any questions you may have regarding property taxes for the various tax districts should be directed as follows:
|Contact Telephone Numbers|
|Milwaukee County||(414) 278-4905|
|Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD)||(414) 272-5100|
|Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC)||(414) 456-5500|
|School District of Brown Deer||(414) 371-6750|
|Village Assessor - Accurate Appraisal||(800) 770-3927|
|Village of Brown Deer - Tax Information||(414) 371-3001|