The Brown Deer Pond is a one acre man-made, sand-bottom, chlorinated swimming facility located off the Oak Leaf Trail in Village Park, 4920 W. Green Brook Drive. This local beach environment gets up to 11 feet deep at the platform has a diving board, certified Red Cross Lifeguards, concessions, and more! For information related to the weather conditions, please call the Brown Deer Pond at (414) 357-0119 during season hours.
2020 Season Update:
It is with a heavy heart that we announce that the Brown Deer Pond will be closed for the 2020 season.
This decision was made based on physical distancing, limits on group sizes, and other restrictions and guidelines provided to us by the government, CDC, and health department. The Park and Recreation Committee and the Village Board had to also consider the financial impact opening for the season would have on the department and Village.
Please understand that this was a difficult decision to make and we look forward to the 2021 Pond Season.
*A decision regarding the Dog Swims and Park Shelters have not been made at this time.
Brown Deer Pond Dog Swims
Fee per dog/per visit: $5.00
Dates for the 2020 Season:
August 17, 19, 25, & 27 – 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
August 22 & 29 – 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering the Pond.
- Only dogs with an adult or youth aged 12 and older may enter the Pond.
- Individuals may wade waist-deep in Pond water.
- Balls and soft-thrown toys are allowed. No sticks!
- Individuals must bring a bad and pick up their dog’s waste.
- Only well-socialized and friendly dogs will be allowed.
Rules and Regulations
Village Park Permits