- The Village Manager is responsible for presenting a recommended annual budget to the Village Board for their consideration. This proposed budget is reviewed during a number of budget review sessions held by the Village Board. These review sessions are open to the public. From those sessions, the Village Manager prepares revisions to the proposed budget as directed by the Village Board which is presented at a public hearing (typically held in December of each year). Once public comments are sought, the Village Board considers approval of the budget for the upcoming year.
Click on the hyperlinks to view the 2018 Annual Budget. Please be patient while these files download.
- The Village Manager’s Office staff welcome the opportunity to perform community relations activities. For example, Brown Deer School District 2nd grade classes visit the Village Hall and participate in a mock Village Board meeting, tour the Village Hall, and visit the Police Department. This event is coordinated by the Village Manager’s Office. If you would like assistance or involvement from the Village on a Community Relations activity, please contact the Village Manager’s Office.
(Back to Top of Page)
Meeting Agenda (Setting)
- The Village Manager is responsible for setting the meeting agendas for the Village Board, and is responsible for reviewing and approving the agendas for all other boards, committees and commissions. If you have any item or matter that you would like the Village Board to consider, you may submit it to the Village Manager’s Office. In some cases, the Village Manager or other Village Staff may be able to answer and/or address your questions. In other cases, the matters may be presented at one of the Village committees or commissions, or directly to the Village Board. Directing communications to the various governing bodies is the responsibility of the Village Manager.
- Various Village facilities are available to be reserved by government, civic, or non-profit uses, as per administrative policy. Contact the Village Manager’s Office for additional information and to make reservations.
- The priority of use of Village meeting rooms is as follows:
- Village government activities;
- Village Park and Recreation Department activities;
- Civic groups, educational groups, and other non-profit organizations or community groups whose membership is predominately Brown Deer residents or which serve predominately Brown Deer residents;
- Other civic, educational or non-profit organizations.Listed below are the rooms and their approximate capacity:
- Library – Community Room (102 capacity)
- Village Hall Room B-26 – Community Room (102 capacity)
- Village Hall Room 101 – Conference Room (10 capacity)
- Village Hall Room 100 – Board Room (98 capacity)