During the ongoing health crisis, the Brown Deer Public Library staff and Library Board are committed to finding new and creative ways to safely fulfill our mission to connect all people and provide access to information, resources, and recreation.
As the local crisis continues to worsen, the library will respond by returning to curbside service only beginning Monday November 23, 2020, in an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Our current library hours will now be our curbside pickup hours, and all virtual and grab-and-go programming will continue. Below is a list of library services patrons can use virtually or via curbside pickup.
Monday and Tuesday 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 11:00AM – 5:00PM
Saturday 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Books, audiobooks, magazines, music CDs, and DVDs
- Knitting kits, crochet kits, and board games
- Grab-and-go program kits, such as Cookbook Club and Art Cart
- Print requests
The cost to print is $.15 per page for black and white, and $.50 per page for color; the total cost will be added onto your library account. Documents may be emailed to our Reference staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and phone number in the email. We will print the document and set up a curbside pickup time with you.
Visit Us Online
- Virtual programs for children, teens, and adults
- E-books, e-audiobooks and more
Wisconsin Digital Library (Libby)
- Get study help with HelpNow (Brainfuse)
- Get job help with JobNow (Brainfuse)
- Take a class or learn a new skill with Gale Courses
- Learn a new language with Transparent Language
- Or check out any of our other databases, which include Auto Repair Sources, Badgerlink, and Business Source Premier
One of our librarians would love to make a personalized recommendation for you! Just send us an email telling us a little bit about your reading or viewing tastes; if you have a favorite author, genre, etc, let us know about it; if possible, also why. You’ll receive a list of some hand-picked materials in your email within a couple days. The more you tell us, the better the suggestions will be. Personalized recommendation requests can be emailed to our Reference staff at email@example.com
Follow us on any of our social media platforms as we upload new information, host virtual programming, blog posts, and librarian recommendations.
Or sign up for the library’s newsletter (sent out 1-2 times a month)
Thank you for your understanding as the Brown Deer Public Library staff continues to strive to provide you fast, enjoyable, and safe services during this unprecedented time.