**FOR YOUR INFORMATION**
While offices have transitioned from the old DPW to the new, the Recycling Center will remain at 8717 N. 43rd Street until the end of 2019 (12/28/19 will be the final day.)
*Hours will remain as follows*
Until the end of September: Tuesdays and Thursdays Noon – 8 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
October until the end of November: Tuesdays and Thursdays Noon – 6 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
December: Saturdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Beginning January 2020, the Recycling Center will operate at the new DPW location, 8950 N. Arbon Drive. Residents will be able to visit the new Recycling Center seven days a week from 7AM – 7PM*
Entrance to the Recycling Center will be off of the Arbon Drive cul de sac to the south of the new DPW and will require an access card to be swiped at the gate. Residents of single family homes and condominiums can apply now for the access card at the DPW, Village Hall or the Recycling Center.
Cards will be made available to residents in December. (One card per household)
*During times of adverse weather the Recycling Center may close.
Access card application forms are available at:
Village Hall, 4800 W. Green Brook Drive
Dept of Public Works, 8950 N. Arbon Drive
Recycling Center, 8717 N. 43rd Street
Please contact Erika at the DPW with any questions 414.371.3020
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS – Contact ADVANCED DISPOSAL
- Village households are provided with recycling collection every two weeks. The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal to provide this service.
- Instructions for residential recycling is mailed to all postal customers as part of the annual tax bill, or click 2019 RECYCLING & YARD WASTE COLLECTION in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Your bi-weekly recycling collection day is the same as your refuse collection day. Contact Village Hall at 371-3000 or the Department of Public Works at (414) 357-0120 to find out when your collection day is scheduled.
- If you are having collection problems (i.e. – missed, messy, incomplete, etc.), contact Advanced Disposal directly at (262) 679-0860 to report the problem.
WASTE CARTS AND RECYCLING CARTS (LOST / REPAIR / REPLACEMENT)
- Each Village residence is entitled to one 96 gallon wheeled waste cart. If you have waste that exceeds the capacity of the cart, please contact Advanced Disposal for a special pick up. 262.679.0860
- Each residence is provided one 96-gallon recycling cart. If you have recycling that exceeds the capacity of your bin, please bring it to the Recycling Center
- If your waste or recycling cart is lost or damaged, please contact the Brown Deer Public Works Department at (414) 357-0120 at to schedule a replacement pickup. There is no cost to replace a waste or recycling cart that has been damaged due to normal use, however you must turn in your damaged cart in order to receive a new or repaired cart.
Location: 8717 North 43rd Street
Hours of Operation:
Open year round Saturdays 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
APRIL TO THE END OF SEPTEMBER : TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS NOON TO 8:00 P.M.
OCTOBER TO THE END OF NOVEMBER: TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS NOON TO 6:00 P.M.
Please follow the Attendant’s directions.
During times of adverse weather the recycling Center may close early. DO NOT leave materials at the Recycling Center when the center is closed. Gates close promptly, please time your drop-offs appropriately.
REFUSE COLLECTION (COMMERCIAL)
- Private business are required to contract for their own private waste hauling.
- Village households are provided with once-per-week refuse collection. The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal to provide this service. If you are having problems with your service or had a missed pick-up, contact Advanced Disposal at (262) 679-0860.
- Each household is provided with one 96 gallon refuse cart for household refuse collection. The Refuse Cart Use and Service Plan can be viewed HERE
- Your bi-weekly recycling collection day is the same as your weekly refuse collection day. Contact Village Hall – 371-3000 or Public Works – 357-0120 to find out what your collection day is.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION (RESIDENTIAL)
- Instructions for yard waste collection is mailed to all postal customers as part of the annual Tax bill or click here for recycling and yard waste instructions in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Advanced Disposal collects Holiday Trees and decorative evergreen items with your regular refuse. Because many trees and wreaths are sprayed with fire protectant or wrapped with wires, they are not considered yard waste. Anytime after the holidays, all you need to do is set the items out for collection with your regular refuse. Make sure that the items do not get buried in the snow. Advanced Disposal recommends that you stand the trees up on end inside of or next to your waste cart so they can be easily collected. (Don’t forget to remove your favorite ornaments!)
If you are having problems with your yard waste collection or have had a missed pick-up,
please contact Advanced Disposal at (262) 679-0860.